Please visit us at our new website:
Out of Darkness Middle GA was founded in January 2014 when a group of people God miraculously connected began praying for women caught up in the sex industry in our communities. We continue to build on that foundation by praying to “the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest.” Matt.9:38
Opportunities to serve in Middle GA:
- BE THE LIGHT PRAYER We pray together on the third Monday of each month in Macon.
- PRINCESS NIGHT Three Fridays each month, volunteers share God’s message of love, hope and restoration with women they encounter in Macon and Warner Robins. Team members hand out roses, handwritten cards and share OOD’s Rescue Hotline telephone number: 404-941-6024. The link to sign up is on our Facebook page.
- ADOPT A BLOCK The Saturday after the last Princess Night for each month, volunteers visit women outside hotels, taking them toiletries and other essential items. These visits allow time for building trust and relationships between the women and volunteers.
- CLUB OUTREACH Female volunteers carry the love of Jesus into area strip clubs. Since building a relationship with management and the girls is a long-term process, the team consists of dedicated members who consistently visit the club.
- JAIL OUTREACH Volunteers visit, mentor, encourage and write women in Bibb County Jail who have been in the sex industry. We also provide them with Bibles and books.
- 24/7 HOTLINE Team members from all over the country man the Out of Darkness hotline and provide rescue support when a woman makes a call for a rescue, whether it be from the street, jail or elsewhere.
- RESCUE Teams of two (one male and one female) pick up and transport survivors to safe houses from the street, jail or from wherever their call for help comes.
- TRANSITIONAL SAFE HOME We currently utilize two homes in Atlanta for Middle Ga rescues and seeking the Lord’s will for a Middle GA home.
- LONG-TERM CARE Out of Darkness safe house residents are case-managed into long-term care throughout the country. It costs between $200,000-$250,000 per year to operate a safe home, and Out of Darkness sponsors each girl placed. We rely on the Body of Christ to make this possible.
Connect with us!
Facebook: Click Here