Out of Darkness-Middle GA, an extension of Out of Darkness, is shining the Light of Christ in the Middle GA community. The need is great in all ministry areas. We are praying to the Lord of the Harvest to send Middle GA Brothers and Sisters in Christ to join us in Spirit and Action.
If you are part of the Middle GA Body of Christ and would like to join us in this mission, please connect with us via email, message us at Out of Darkness Middle GA on Facebook, or call Cynthia Smith at 478-230-7746. For current meeting and event times, become a fan of Out of Darkness Middle GA on Facebook.
Opportunities to serve in Middle GA.
- BE THE LIGHT PRAYER We pray together on the last Friday of each month in conjunction with Atlanta Be the Light Prayer event.
- PRINCESS NIGHT The last Friday of every month, volunteers share God’s message of love, hope and restoration with women being prostituted, either forcibly or by choice. Teams meet in Macon and Warner Robins to pray, train and go. Teams hand out roses, handwritten cards and share OOD’s Rescue Hotline telephone number: 404-941-6024.
- ADOPT A BLOCK Saturday mornings after Princess Night, volunteers visit women in hotels, taking them toiletries and other essential items. The time gives opportunity to hear their life stories and build trusting relationships between women and volunteers.
- TRUCK-STOP OUTREACH Truckers Against Trafficking (TAT) literature is used to educate truckers on sex trafficking issues. Through education, they learn what to do when encountering trafficking activity as they travel around the country.
- CLUB OUTREACH Female volunteers carry the love of Jesus into area strip clubs. Since building a relationship with management and the girls is a long-term process, the team consists of dedicated members who consistently visit the club.
- JAIL OUTREACH Volunteers visit, mentor, encourage and write women who have been in the sex industry and are in Bibb County jail, plus provide them Bibles and books.
- 24/7 HOTLINE Team members from all over the country man the Out of Darkness hotline and provide rescue support when a woman makes a call for a rescue, whether it be from the street, jail or elsewhere.
- RESCUE Teams of two (one male and one female) pick up and transport survivors to safe houses from the street, jail or from wherever their call for help comes.
- TRANSITIONAL SAFE HOME We currently utilize two homes in Atlanta for Middle Ga rescues and seeking the Lord’s will for a Middle GA home.
- LONG-TERM CARE Out of Darkness safe house residents are case-managed into longterm care throughout the country. It costs $7,650 to support a woman through her first 12 months, and Out of Darkness sponsors each girl placed. We rely on the Body of Christ to make this possible.
Connect with us!
Facebook: Click Here
Phone: call Cynthia Smith at 478-230-7746.